In light of the recent mental health awareness day, I’ve decided to compile a list of all the reasons why you are important.
- You are unique. There is no one on this entire earth, and there never has been, someone exactly the same as you.
- You can breath. You have a lot more breaths to breathe, don’t give that up.
- You have people who care about you. It doesn’t matter if it’s a stranger, or someone that you barely know, there is at least one person on this earth who cares about you. And that matters.
- You have affected someone on this planet. You may not think it, but one of your actions will have leaded to something great. It may be something simple, but it’s profoundly important.
- You have the ability to create a path for yourself that will lead you to great things.
- You will make mistakes, and that will lead you to learn, and you will get better at everything you do.
- You can feel emotions so deeply that you can laugh so hard you cry, and you can also feel vast anguish. Both are signs that you are breathing and alive, and that’s special.
- You can love. So deeply that your heart hurts.
- You have abilities that no one else has, and you are able to use to use them like no one else on this planet.
- You can make decisions for yourself, and your mind allows you to be creative with these decisions. This leads you to bad things sometimes, but also, more importantly, great things.
- You are needed by someone on this earth.
- You need to be there for someone else who needs to feel like they matter. Just being around people shows them that you care, and that means more to others than you think.
- You can survive whatever you’re going through. And you will.
If you’d like more information on mental health issues, please visit mentalhealth.org.uk
So, I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and if you’d like to read any of the other posts in this A-Z blogging series, here’s all the links:
L: Leaving Aix