Although the initial concept for the A-Z challenge I created was to write about a topic beginning with the letter, I think it’s quite fitting that my ‘Z’ post is written on the last day of a year, and another closed chapter in my life.
2015, like everyone is writing, has been both incredible and terrifying, and spending most of it living in a foreign country is a pretty huge deal. I’ve had lots of ups and downs but I wouldn’t change a single part of my year, as it’s made me who I am today, and one step closer to who I’ll be in the future.
New Years resolutions have a pretty bad wrap these days. Everyone talks about how they don’t stick to them, and how they’re useless. But I disagree. If anything, it makes you reconsider your decisions and choices for one day, one week, one month of the year, and that can’t do any harm, can it? And I know that, certainly for me, I refocus on them at several points during the year – even if it’s just for a day.
So, without further ado, here’s what I want to focus on in 2016…
- Love yourself: you have a tattoo that tells you to do this Jennifer Patricia Benson, so remember why you got that.
- Show love to current friends: your friends are very important to you and they’ve helped you through a lot, show them how much you love them.
- Make new friends: you love meeting new people, so make some lovely new friends this year.
- Fill myself with yummy, healthy foods: you’re a nutritionist for God’s sake, so act like one. You know how to eat healthy, and you love it when you do, so put the burrito down.
- Eat less meat: you went veggie for five months in 2015, and you found alternatives pretty easily, and think of the animals you saved. You can cut out meat 5/6 days a week. Easy.
- Drink less alcohol: you secretly hate alcohol, just calm down a little bit with the wine.
- Save more money: you know you’re terrible at saving money, but just try. Don’t buy the crap you doubt that you’ll use.
- Work hard at everything you do: this is in an important one. You can fail, just pick yourself back up again, and put your full heart in to the task.
And here’s some small things I want to achieve through out the year:
- Learn about somewhere new every other day: your passion for travel, history and culture grows every day, nurture that passion. Your new, beautiful globe (thanks Aunty Jo and Uncle Tel) and Wikipedia are your queens.
- Be able to have a conversation in Italian: this language will always take the back seat to French, but you can do it. I believe in you.
- Read the Harry Potter books: your passion for reading is coming back and this would be incredible to do.
- Try meditation: you don’t have to do it every day but if you’re feeling stressed or down, this will help.
And that’s it. They’re all very achievable and I can’t wait to see how I’ve done by the end of 2016.
Here’s to another great year!
So, I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and if you’d like to read any of the other posts in this A-Z blogging series, here’s all the links:
L: Leaving Aix