A couple of months ago, Rosie at La Grenouille Anglaise nominated me for this award and I was so grateful to her for doing it. Unfortunately, university took over a bit but now that essays are done and I have a couple of days before I go off travelling Australia for a month, I decided to finally do it. Here goes…
Rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven other blogs and give them eleven questions to answer.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
My answers to Rosie’s questions:
1. Wilderness or civilisation?
This is actually a very tough question for me because I chop and change between both. However, at the moment I’m very much a civilisation gal. I’m loving visiting different cities – and very excited for Dubai, Singapore, Brisbane, Sydney and Auckland over the next month!
2. What was your favourite childhood game?
Rummikube. I loved a good game of Rummikube.
3. If you were offered a free flight to a place of your choosing, where would you go?
Well, my answer would normally be to Australia because it’s probably the most expensive place to travel to from Scotland. However, because I’m going there this week, I’m going to have to say South Africa (or Costa Rica, I can’t decide). I’d love to visit somewhere totally different to everywhere I’ve ever been, and South Africa looks incredible.
4. What is your favourite thing to bake/cook?
Tough one, I haven’t been cooking much these days – I prefer someone else cooking for me ha! I’d have to say my favourite thing of all time is homemade pizza because you can make it as simple or as crazy as you’d like.
5. Bourbons or custard creams?
Oh Bourbons, for sure.
6. Can you speak any foreign languages? If so, which?
I have a weird obsession with learning languages, although I’m pretty bad at it. I’ve been doing French for 13 odd years and have lived in France for a year and a half so I’m pretty fluent. I have basic conversation in Italian. I also randomly learn Danish (I want to spend a year in Denmark at some point) and Cantonese (because why not) from time to time. And, I started learning Spanish this week, I want to have a relatively good level in Spanish and Italian by the end of 2017… 5 languages by age 25? Let’s see!
7. Guidebooks: yay or nay?
Nay. I love just walking around and seeing what’s happened. However, when I went to Vienna with my parents, they had a guidebook, and we found this incredible café filled with locals because of it. So, sometimes they’re great for finding hidden gems.
8. What advice would you give to new bloggers?
Don’t stop writing blog posts you love. Your blog should be there for you to have fun and do what you like so don’t care about pleasing others. It’s less fun to look back on if you’re writing blogs for others and not for yourself.
9. Do you have a favourite musical?
Wicked. I’ve not seen a lot of musicals in my life but I’d love to see more as I grow.
10. What is your favourite word?
Serendipity. Go watch the movie now if you haven’t.
11. Share your ultimate travel tip.
Take the bus. Take the train. Take a car. Take a horse. Take a tuk tuk. Take a boat. Whatever you do, take the mode of transport that will allow you to see as much of the place as possible.
- Anne @ Hardly Snarky: I love Anne (and can’t wait to see her again) and her blog is incredible so go check it out.
- Carla @ Ma Travel Buddy: I met Carla on my year abroad and she’s constantly travelling and writing top travel blog posts.
- Caitlin @ Life After 9to5: great travel and photo posts you have to see.
- JoHanna Massey: an excellent storyteller who always shares inspiring posts.
- Janaline @ Janaline’s World Journey: so many great updates on life and travel in photos.
Your mission, should you choose to accept:
- Can you speak any foreign languages? If so, which?
- If you could speak any language fluently, what one would you choose?
- If you could live anywhere in the world for the next 6 months, where would it be? (money is not an object)
- Do you want kids, and why? (if you have kids, do you want more?)
- What’s your favourite book?
- Trump or Clinton? (lol)
- Roadtrip or flying?
- Favourite city you’ve ever visited, and why?
- Bars or museums? (when travelling)
- Guided tours or self-guided tours?
- Share your ultimate travel tip.
To each of my nominees: I hope you feel inspired to take part, and thank you for always inspiring me to travel and continue to share my thoughts and experiences 🙂