Salut future Jenny !
I wrote this for you as a little landmark of my thoughts on 3/1/2017. I don’t know why it’s taken me until April to post it, but I suppose that shows the type of person I am in 2017!
1. If you could speak to anyone in heaven, who would it be? – definitely my grandma. I’m lucky enough to have my three remaining grandparents, but I don’t feel like I got enough time with my dad’s mum and I’d love to be able to spend more time with her now and tell her all about mine and my siblings’ lives so she can see how truly great her son, and her daughter in law, are.
2. What memory do you replay the most in your mind? – the first thing that came to mind was me breaking my arm at my Mamie’s house when I was a kid. However, lots of other embarrassing things that I’ve done in my life spring to my mind – I won’t recount them as I’m trying to ignore them!
3. Do you have any recurring dreams? – yep, there’s one of me being on a huge cruise boat with my family in a storm that crashes and suddenly we’re on an island that I have to rescue us all from. I haven’t had that in a while though. I used to have one when I was a kid where I’d be walking through a forest and I’d find myself in an area free of trees, and suddenly someone would be walking towards me, then I’d wake up.
4. At what age did you learn the most about yourself? – probably aged 19. I’d just moved abroad to France for the first time, I fell in love and I had to deal with a lot of emotion and learn a lot about spending time with myself and loving myself.
5. When was the last time you were disappointed in yourself? – dear god I am disappointed in myself every day for something. I somehow feel a lot of guilt for small things that I do, so even if I say something that’s perhaps over the line a tad, I become really disappointed and overthink it for hours.
6. Is there someone that you’ll never forgive? – if one of my parents cheated on the other.
7. Which time period do you like the best, aesthetically speaking? – the 20s!!! So glamorous.
8. In what ways have you grown over the course of your life? – I’ve grown approximately 5ft.
9. Do you think your parents are proud of where you are in life? – I think I know deep down that they are, but it’s hard to accept that they are. I couldn’t honestly tell you if I think they’re truly proud of me.
10. Is there a teacher that you wish you could call up and thank? – yes, my hospitality teacher Mrs Paterson, and I tell her thank you when I see her twice a year at our catchups (after a couple of jaegerbombs of course).
11. What’s the worst physical pain that you’ve ever suffered through? – I’m lucky enough to have not suffered physical pain to a great extent. It would probably have to be when I dropped a dumbbell on my toe and mum took me to A&E.
12. What couple (that you personally know) do you look up to? – me and my girlfriend lol. We’re perfect.
13. What scent reminds you of your childhood? – the smell of lavender reminds me of the little pouches that my Mamie used to give me to put in underwear drawers.
14. What don’t you regret that you probably should? – having an eating disorder.
15. What’s the most intimate thing a couple could do together? – spend 24 hours+ with no distractions and no internet/phones etc. Just spending time truly together, not thinking about anything or anyone else in the entire world.
16. Which song lyric has had the biggest impact on you? – from Macklemore’s Same Love: “And ‘God loves all his children’ is somehow forgotten, But we paraphrase a book written thirty-five-hundred years ago, I don’t know, And I can’t change, Even if I tried, Even if I wanted to.”
17. What’s the one thing that would really annoy you if it were to come true? – actually not being a part of the European Union. lol.
18. When do you feel the most attractive? – when I’m tanned and have eaten healthy foods.
19. What’s the nicest thing you’ve ever done for someone else? – I actually don’t know. I’d like to be kinder.
20. What unanswerable question bothers you the most? – what comes after death?
21. What do you think the best part of being married is? – I’m not sure I believe in marriage at all. I think that the ‘best part about loving someone’ is a much better question. So, I think the best part of loving someone is wanting to spend every second with them, and every experience you have without them results in you wishing you could share it with them.
22. Have you ever had a premonition that came true? – I swear a lot of my dreams come true.
23. At what age did you start to consider yourself an adult? – age 20, when I was forced into adulthood by moving to a foreign country. It was amazing.
24. What is the meanest thing your inner voice tells you? – you’re too fat to be attractive. You’re not good enough to be liked or loved by anyone.
25. Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? – yes.
26. What do you think your purpose in life is? – you ask a 22 year old this? Would you like a 50 page essay? Ha! In all seriousness, I don’t think my purpose in life is to alter the course of humans, I think it’s to radiate positiveness and spread happiness, whether that’s to 1 person or 1 million people.
27. Were you ever tempted to cheat on a past partner? – yes.
28. What do you do when you’re feeling lonely? – it’s usually around my time of month and I just cry (and avoid rom coms).
29. What type of animal would you like to be reincarnated as? – a giraffe.
30. Do you believe every life has an equal value? – abso-fucking-lutely.
31. Do you daydream more about the future or your past? – oh the future! I’d love to be able to know what I’ll be doing in 10, 20, 30 years or what the world will be like in 100, 200, 500 years.
32. What would instantly make you fall out of love with someone? – belittling my dreams.
33. Do you believe you’re going to be a good parent? – no.
34. What scares you the most about growing old? – this bloody terrifies me!! I think the thing that terrifies me the most is not having control over illness and being stuck in a state where I can’t do things and travel. Also, being alone and old is just something I try to avoid thinking about.
35. Do you like the sound of your name? – yeah, I have a pretty sweet name.
36. Which celebrity do you think you’d be BFFs with? – I’m alright with my current BFFs thanks.
37. Do you believe in fortune tellers and tarot cards? – I’ve always wanted to try one but I’ve never had the chance or money to try one I’ve heard great reviews about.
38. How long did it take you to learn to love yourself? – I’m not quite there yet, but I’m getting there.
39. What do you think the afterlife consists of? – refer to above question lol. I have no idea but I’d love to know. I’d love to think that we still exist somehow, and are still aware of what is happening in the world.
40. Have you ever manipulated someone to get what you wanted? – yes, I always do it to my sister to get her clothes.
41. Do you believe in love at first sight or do you think it takes time to grow? – I think it takes time to grow.
42. Which celebrity death impacted you the most? – Robin Williams. Flubber is one of the first movies I have memories of watching.
43. Do you write in script or print? – print.
44. Which wild animal do you wish you could keep as a pet? – a polar bear would be cool.
45. Do you believe in destiny? – 100%. I hope that never changes.
46. If you had to get a tattoo to honor someone, who would it be? – any one of my direct family.
47. Do you feel like anything is missing from your life? – absolutely not. My life is truly amazing. I’m waiting for something to go wrong.
48. What’s the most childish thing you still love to do? – I love a good video game here and there.
49. What bad habit have you managed to break? – starving myself to be skinny 🙂
50. Do you believe success comes in the form of money or happiness? – I truly believe that money can aid happiness. But, I would choose true happiness over money any day.
À bientôt !